1000 Connecticut Avenue
Constructed in 2012, 1000 Connecticut Avenue is a LEED Platinum office complex located at the corner of K Street and Connecticut Avenue (and adjacent to Farragut Square) in Washington D.C. This beautiful Class A office offers first-class amenities including restaurants, a rooftop terrace, bike racks, and a fitness center. Dawson doors proudly greet building occupants each day through their lobby doors.
Dawson Doors was contracted to provide high-end, sophisticated doors to match the elevated building design as well as provide a durable and sustainable entrance for building occupants. That, along with the needs of the space in mind, Dawson provided a combination of Balanced Ultra Narrow Stile doors with exposed hinge tubes, Ultra Narrow Stile center hung doors and Herculite (All Glass) center hung doors. The choice matched the luxury design and helped ensure that the entrances we provided could withstand the traffic level in and out of the building.
Dawson provided a combination of Balanced Ultra Narrow Stile with exposed hinge tubes and Ultra Narrow Stile center hung doors and Herculite (All Glass) center hung doors. For the door material, Dawson provided 13 (.090″) Gauge Type 304 Stainless Steel #8 mirror polish finish. For the framing, Dawson used exposed Stainless Steel headers with an embossed finish.
- Doors: A combination of Balanced Ultra Narrow Stile w/exposed hinge tubes. Also Ultra Narrow Stile center hung doors and Herculite (All Glass) center hung doors.
- Sidelites: Sidelites at required entrances were provided as narrow profile stainless steel with “embossed” finish.
- Frames: Exposed headers at required entrances were provided as Stainless Steel with “embossed” finish.
- Material: 13 Gauge Type 304 Stainless Steel
- Finish: #8 mirror polished finish
- Architect: Pei, Cobb, Freed and Partners
- Location: K Street and Connecticut Avenue Washington D.C.
National Museum of African American History
Museum of the Bible
Museum of the American Indian
Washington Harbour Plaza
National Museum of American History
St. George Theatre
U.S. Capitol Visitor Center
Weaver Materiel / NACO Trucking