Museum of the Bible
The Museum of the Bible showcases rare and fascinating artifacts spanning 4,000 years of history. It is one of the most technologically advanced and engaging museums in the world and offers visitors an immersive and personalized experience with the Bible. Located just blocks away from the US Capitol in Washington DC, the Dawson doors proudly greet over one million visitors per year, with their entry doors and frames in the vestibules on the first floor.
When constructing the doors for the Museum of the Bible, production and installation timeliness was essential. Dawson wanted to provide a technologically superior product that matched the immersive experience of the museum. Dawson worked with the Museum of the Bible in two phases.
With these needs in mind, Dawson provided its custom balanced Ultra-Narrow Stile series with balanced swing hardware to construct the doors. This choice would help ensure that Dawson’s doors could withstand any level of traffic into and out of the building. Custom base pin weldments were engineered by Dawson to accommodate mounting this critical component of the balanced hardware long before the finished floor materials were installed.
For the material, Dawson provided 13 ga type 316 stainless steel. The material and finish gave the doors a sleek and lustrous look that matched the refined and elegant ambiance of the rest of the building. For the framing, Dawson used 6″ x 7.5′ brake-formed headers on auto operated doors adding a clean and sophisticated appearance.
- (1) Ballistic Entrance (UL 752 Level I) – consisting of one pair and one single (custom) Standard Series stile and rail Balanced doors – type 316 stainless steel
- (10) pair of All Glass balanced doors – type 316 stainless steel with #4 satin finish
- (1) All Glass balanced entrance consisting of one pair and one single door – type 316 stainless steel with #4 satin finish
- Frames: 6″ X 7.5″ Brake-formed headers on auto operated doors
- Material: Type 316 stainless steel
- Finish: #4 satin finish
- Doors: All Glass Balanced Doors
- (13) pair of All Glass balanced doors – type 316 stainless steel with #4 satin finish
- (6) pair of All Glass balanced doors – doors were constructed using type 280 Muntz metal with #4 satin finish
- Frames: 6” x 7 .5”
- Material: Type 316 stainless steel & 280 Muntz metal
- Finish: #4 satin finish
Location: Washington, DC, United States
National Museum of African American History
National Museum of American History
U.S. Capitol Visitor Center