Production Supervisor: Spray Tech Finishing and Assembly
Non-exempt working supervisor
1-3 years preferred
Position: Production Supervisor Metal Finishing
This position is responsible for overseeing production and assisting in all stages of the process, while ensuring production proceeds smoothly to provide a service that is on time and of good quality. Utilize workers, resources and working with DMC Management to determine production needs and have the ability to correct any problems as they arise.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as a hands-on Supervisor directly working with and managing shop employees
- Assigns and manages production schedules and output to ensure on time delivery while also maintaining quality standards
- Work with team to define improvements to the documentation and processes.
- Ensure production inventory, supplies & materials are tracked for others to order and follow up.
- Generate DMR’s as required, track rework accurately and complete Form #1084 reporting – All rework is to be reported, tracked and communicated with DMC.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Monitors all stages of production for efficiency and ensure Q.C. meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Initiates process improvements by interacting with production workers to achieve and sustain standards.
- Implements and maintains proper employee safety & OSHA standards.
- Share successes, tips, and learned experiences with teammates.
- Cross train team members as required.
- Manage leadmen to a shared and team-oriented philosophy.
Track efficiencies on a per-job basis, set the expectations.
Visually inspect incoming products for finishing to ensure they are in paint ready condition to include lot quantities prior to proceeding,
Job Type: Full-time
Subscribe to our job offers
Be kept informed of all new job offers at Dawson, help yourself land your dream.
Don’t see a job opening aligned to your expertise but feel a fit with Dawson? We welcome spontaneous application submissions and will align your profile with our needs should there be a fit.