The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for designing manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling in an industrial plant.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology; Bachelor’s degree in either discipline is preferred
- 3 years of solid modeling experience using SolidWorks, Pro-E, Inventor or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in sheet metal product design, machining elements and manufacturing process design
- 5 years of project management or project engineering experience. Preference given to candidates with project management experience in a sheet metal and/or job shop environment
- 5 years experience in supervision
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and manufacturing process design
- Knowledge of the principles of Lean Manufacturing and the ability to implement in daily activities, product design and development
- Ability to lead engineering development of projects/products in a team based setting
- Effective understanding of design analysis tools and their required use
- Demonstrated process orientation in approach to work
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to manage, develop, schedule and track multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven analytical, independent decision making and problem resolution skills
- Strong IS and PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design and manufacturing of all fixtures and secondary equipment
- Develop PFMEA’s for all new product launches and work with Quality Department to finalize control plans
- Assist in developing in-process check procedures, work instructions with manufacturing.
- Assist engineering department with all data management, engineering changes, and all other related engineering documentation when needed
- Monitor the progress of new product launches to their timelines as it relates to secondary equipment and fixtures
- Participate in corrective action meetings to investigate root causes and implement engineering changes where needed
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by researching efficiency improvements and developing proposals; Includes the overseeing and implementation of improved procedures and new equipment installation
- Investigating root cause of rejections that occur during the manufacturing and assembly
- Train new employees on safe operation of equipment
- Help with tracking progress of new jobs released to manufacturing; liaison between manufacturing and Engineering
Subscribe to our job offers
Be kept informed of all new job offers at Dawson, help yourself land your dream.
Don’t see a job opening aligned to your expertise but feel a fit with Dawson? We welcome spontaneous application submissions and will align your profile with our needs should there be a fit.