CNC Brake Press Operator
1-3 years preferred
Responsible for the safe and accurate operation of the presses designed to bend sheet metal parts to print.
The following statements reflect the duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position.
- Tends power brake that bends/forms metal sheets.
- Positions work manually against stops or align layout marks to dies.
- Starts machine to lower ram and shape part(s).
- Tightens die nuts to prevent movement of die; using wrenches.
- Inspects work for conformance to specifications, using rule(s), square(s), or template(s).
- May depress pedal to lower ram and shape part(s).
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate the completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication; Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication; Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Consensus Building – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt to changes brought about by continuous improvements including job responsibilities affected by improvement activities.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Mechanically Inclined – Ability to use air and power hand tools
- Persistence – Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Team Work – Ability to work on continuous improvement activities and expected to identify, track, and solve problems within a team atmosphere.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
High School diploma or GED, Vocational or Technical Training
1-3 years of related experience
Skills & Abilities
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Fluctuating plant temperatures
- May be exposed to irregular hours, strict deadlines, and stressful situations
Subscribe to our job offers
Be kept informed of all new job offers at Dawson, help yourself land your dream.
Don’t see a job opening aligned to your expertise but feel a fit with Dawson? We welcome spontaneous application submissions and will align your profile with our needs should there be a fit.