Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
10+ years related experience & experience in manufacturing industry
Dawson Metal Company, Inc. is a sheet metal manufacturer which has been in operation since 1946. Our company provides quality Industrial and Architectural products throughout the world.
We are seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our established company. The CFO will think strategically and provide leadership and recommendations to both the long and short term goals of the organization while overseeing the financial planning, accounting and administrative functions, and budget management of the company.
The following statements reflect the duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position.
• General Financial Oversight.
• Oversee and present budgets, accounts, and financial statements to the Management Group.
• Liaise with designated staff about financial matters.
• Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place.
• Ensure that accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
• Funding and Sales.
• Ensure effective monitoring and control.
• Financial Planning and Budgeting.
• Prepare and present budgets for new or ongoing work.
• Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational plans.
• Present revised financial forecasts based on actual spend.
• Financial Reporting.
• Present regular reports on the organization’s financial position.
• Prepare accounts for review by CPA and communicate accordingly.
• Presentation of the accounts at the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
• Advise on the organization’s reserves and investment policy.
• Ensure everyone handling money keeps proper records and documentation.
• Control of Fixed Assets and Stocks.
• Ensure proper records are kept.
• Ensure required insurances are in place.
• Ability to review and negotiate contracts with customers, suppliers and other counterparties.
• Sense of ethical responsibility and trustworthiness to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Leadership skills at budgeting and cost control.
• Extensive background in accounting and tax issues, preferably in a private company.
• Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
• Advanced Excel skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Professional level written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA or advanced degree preferred.
• 10+ years related experience
• Experience in manufacturing industry
• Office environment
• Accounting Department
• IT Department
• Human Resource Department
Subscribe to our job offers
Be kept informed of all new job offers at Dawson, help yourself land your dream.
Don’t see a job opening aligned to your expertise but feel a fit with Dawson? We welcome spontaneous application submissions and will align your profile with our needs should there be a fit.