1+ year preferred
Responsible for safe and accurate assembly.
The following statements reflect the duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position.
- Perform complex and advanced assembly of products according to established specifications and instructions.
- Perform advanced adjustments using testing instruments.
- Interact directly with customers to meet customer expectations and product specifications.
- Develop assembly and test procedures to promote production of quality products.
- Monitor the functioning of all equipment and report any problems or substandard condition to the supervisor.
- Perform equipment assembly according to engineering drawings.
- Perform cleaning of all parts as per established cleaning procedures.
- Perform pre-assembly activities.
- Conduct product testing and performance testing and record the results.
- Perform final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products.
- Perform installation, repair, and inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting products as required.
- Order and stock materials and supplies to avoid materials shortages.
- Receive, unload, unpack and transfer materials to different work stations.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Communication; Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication; Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Consensus Building – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt to changes brought about by continuous improvements including job responsibilities affected by improvement activities.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Mechanically Inclined – Ability to use air and power hand tools.
- Persistence – Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Team Work – Ability to work on continuous improvement activities and expected to identify, track, and solve problems within a team atmosphere.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
High School diploma or GED, Vocational or Technical Training
3 years Assembly Technician preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to read blue prints
- Fluctuating plant temperatures
May be exposed to irregular hours, strict deadlines and stressful situations
Subscribe to our job offers
Be kept informed of all new job offers at Dawson, help yourself land your dream.
Don’t see a job opening aligned to your expertise but feel a fit with Dawson? We welcome spontaneous application submissions and will align your profile with our needs should there be a fit.